Whether you are buying or selling a commercial property the process can typically involve complex legal processes as well as high financial costs and lengthy commitment periods, so instructing a commercial property law specialist to assist with your transaction can not only offer clarity and peace of mind, but also help to avoid problems further down the line.
At Rotheras we pride ourselves on providing clear, straight-forward, practical commercial advice. Our aim is to find out what we can about you and your commercial needs, developing a genuine interest in your business so we can tailor our service to your specific requirements.
Our substantial experience and proactive approach mean we can foresee any potential problems before they arise and put solutions in place, ensuring a smooth completion within the required timescales.
Buying Commercial Property
Buying a commercial property can be a heavily involved process. Not only will you need to carry out various checks and surveys, as well as looking at the condition of the property and its surrounding land, but you will also need to consider whether buying the freehold or lease is most appropriate for your circumstances.
Rotheras commercial property team can help you understand all the terms and conditions covered by your contract and will do all the preparation for you, including:
- Advising on heads of terms.
- Discussing with you the most appropriate structure for purchasing the property, based on your circumstances.
- Carrying out appropriate searches and raising enquiries on your behalf with the seller.
- Ensuring contractual protections are in place and dealing with any contractual issues that arise in relation to the purchase.
- Reporting to the lender and assisting with the supply of funds and dealing with their enquiries.
- Dealing with the purchase of a property which is held in a corporate vehicle where the shares in the corporate vehicle are changing hands.
- Negotiating on the price of the property, taking into consideration the results of searches, surveys, inspections and enquiries.
Selling Commercial Property
The commercial property team at Rotheras are well-versed in dealing with the sale of commercial property, whether freehold or leasehold, sold privately or by auction. From start to completion of your transaction we will be on hand to help with:
- Negotiating and agreeing heads of terms to ensure your position is protected.
- Carrying out due diligence on your behalf so that the buyer receives detailed information about the property, and so you are aware of any matters that may require further investigation, helping to avoid any potential delays later on in the transaction.
- Investigating the title of the property at the start of the transaction so we can identify any possible queries the buyer might have and work with you to put solutions in place.
- Advising you on contractual protection such as conditional contracts and overage.
- Preparing the contract and all necessary legal documents.
- Approaching third parties on your behalf where their consent is required.
Why choose Rotheras for Buying or Selling Commercial Property?
Our highly qualified commercial property solicitors have significant experience with commercial property sale and purchase transactions.
We act for commercial landlords and tenants, residential and commercial property developers and property investors.
We are responsive and transparent about fees and timescales and will keep you updated on any progress throughout your matter.
We have longstanding relationships with funders and other professionals.
We provide a joined-up approach by working closely with our other commercial teams to ensure all your enquiries and requirements are addressed.
We can help you with:
- Property Development
- Commercial Property Leases
- Private/auction Properties
Posted 27 January 2020
This was my first experience using a solicitor, something I felt quite daunted about. Rothera Sharp (Greg and Petra) put me at ease and were very helpful.
Posted 27 January 2020
Last year I experienced a car accident, as a front seat passenger. I put forward a personal injury claim with Rothera Sharp. From start to finish, my claim has been dealt with efficiently and professionally, and I have always felt my best interests were considered. All communications were made via letter or email to inform me of all further updates. My claim has now come to an end and I am very happy with the overall outcome. I would recommend Rothera Sharp for their service.
Posted 4 February 2020
We cannot recommend Chris Powell of Rothera Sharp more highly. Mr Powell demonstrated the upmost professionalism with a high level of knowledge of the area for which he was representing us. Anyone needing representation/advice regarding the area of haulage will find that Chris Powell and Rothera Sharp are the best choice.
Posted 4 February 2020
Claim dealt with efficiently and to a satisfactory conclusion. Wayne Vickers visited me at home initially and explained everything thoroughly. Professional service throughout. Recommended
Antony Fyson is a Partner and heads up the Long Eaton branch Office of Rotheras Solicitors and offers clients a wealth of expertise in Commercial Property and Conveyancing matters.
Tom Redgate is a Commercial Property specialist at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras and is located at our Lace Market office in the heart of Nottingham City Centre.
Fiona Moore is an associate solicitor specialising in commercial property and residential property at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors and is located at our Lace Market office in the heart of Nottingham City Centre.
Luke specialises in all aspects of commercial and residential property including leasing, sales and purchases, development work, commercial finance and much more and is based at our Lace Market office in the heart of Nottingham City Centre.
Jasmine Jackson is a trainee Solicitor in the Commercial Property department at Rotheras and is based at our Lace Market Office.
Emily Kevan is a residential property and commercial property paralegal at Rotheras. She is based at our Lace Market office in the heart of Nottingham city centre.