Buying a House
At Rotheras our conveyancing team have a wealth of experience supporting clients with property purchases and are well-placed to help you with your move, ensuring the process goes smoothly whilst reducing the hassle.
Whether you’re just getting on to the property market or you’re fairly familiar with the process, buying a new home is exciting but can also be a daunting and stressful time. Not only are you making one of the largest financial investments of your life, but there are various stages and legal requirements to follow to ensure things run smoothly.
Why use Rotheras when Buying a House?
We are upfront and transparent about our costs from the start and will provide you with a full breakdown of all the costs involved, including disbursements from third parties such as stamp duty and search fees.
Once you have instructed our conveyancing team you will be assigned a dedicated team member and provided with their direct phone number and email address. This individual will deal with your case through to completion, ensuring that you are made aware of any updates throughout the process.
We are flexible about how we work with you-whether you prefer face to face meetings or prefer communication by phone, email or video call.
We will ensure that your case is dealt with by a fully qualified and experienced member of our team who will make sure the necessary paperwork and funds are in place to avoid any delays.
We also specialise in buy to let and purchasing new build properties.
The House Buying process with Rotheras:
- Instructions-When you instruct us a case manager will be assigned to look after your transaction and you will be provided with their direct contact details; at this stage we will take your instructions, request initial paperwork to be completed by you and check your finances are in place to fund the purchase.
- Advice on property surveys– We will advise you on the types of survey available.
- Contracts and title documentation– ‘upon receipt of the contract pack we will raise enquiries and provide you with an initial report so that you can raise any further enquiries you may have’.
- Mortgage offer– ‘this is checked and we provide you with a report on the terms of the offer and advise you of your obligations with your lender’.
- Property searches– ‘we will advise you on which searches are appropriate to your transaction and provide a report on each individual search together with advice on any further searches which may be relevant’.
- Exchanging contracts-Once every party in the chain has signed their part of the contract and is ready to proceed, we can agree a completion date. At this point, we will request your deposit (if applicable) from you. Once contracts are exchanged, the completion date is legally binding on all parties. We will carry out final searches, request your mortgage funds together with any further funds required from you.
- Completion-This is your moving day. Once funds have been transferred and received, we will call you to confirm that you can collect the keys to the property.
- Following completion – we will pay stamp duty, deal with Land Registry requirements and provide you with copy of the title in your name once completed.
Posted 27 January 2020
This was my first experience using a solicitor, something I felt quite daunted about. Rothera Sharp (Greg and Petra) put me at ease and were very helpful.
Posted 27 January 2020
Last year I experienced a car accident, as a front seat passenger. I put forward a personal injury claim with Rothera Sharp. From start to finish, my claim has been dealt with efficiently and professionally, and I have always felt my best interests were considered. All communications were made via letter or email to inform me of all further updates. My claim has now come to an end and I am very happy with the overall outcome. I would recommend Rothera Sharp for their service.
Posted 4 February 2020
We cannot recommend Chris Powell of Rothera Sharp more highly. Mr Powell demonstrated the upmost professionalism with a high level of knowledge of the area for which he was representing us. Anyone needing representation/advice regarding the area of haulage will find that Chris Powell and Rothera Sharp are the best choice.
Posted 4 February 2020
Claim dealt with efficiently and to a satisfactory conclusion. Wayne Vickers visited me at home initially and explained everything thoroughly. Professional service throughout. Recommended
Antony Fyson is a Partner and heads up the Long Eaton branch Office of Rotheras Solicitors and offers clients a wealth of expertise in Commercial Property and Conveyancing matters.
Duncan Godfrey is a Probate, Trusts and Residential Conveyancing Solicitor at Nottingham based Rotheras Solicitors and is located at our offices in the Lace Market and Burton Joyce.
Greg Tring specialises in all aspects of residential conveyancing and regularly acts for clients on sales, purchases, remortgages and transfer of equity and is part of one of the largest conveyancing teams across the East Midlands.
Michelle Young is a residential property specialist and heads up the residential property team at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Lucy Pettitt has amassed over 12 years of experience in all aspects of Conveyancing.
Emily Weston is as an Associate Solicitor in the Residential Conveyancing team and is based primarily at our Beeston office.
Kate Barry is a Solicitor in the residential property department at Rotheras and is based at our firm’s Long Eaton Office.
Kerry Brown is a residential property specialist at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Jan Raszyk is a Conveyancer in Rotheras Residential Conveyancing department.
Kerry Redfern is a residential property specialist at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Chloe Smart is a Licensed Conveyancer in the residential property department at Rotheras and is based at our Lace Market Office.
Sally is our first point of contact for any new conveyancing enquiries that come in to the department and provides a bespoke quoting service for prospective clients, estate agents and other referrers of work.
Penelope Baird is a Paralegal in Rotheras residential conveyancing department and is based at our Long Eaton office
Vicki Ettles is a Paralegal in the residential conveyancing department at Rotheras and is based at our Long Eaton office.
Brett James is a Conveyancing and Wills and Probate Paralegal at Rotheras Solicitors and is based at our Lace Market office.
Emily Kevan is a residential property and commercial property paralegal at Rotheras. She is based at our Lace Market office in the heart of Nottingham city centre.
Sara Lockton is a Paralegal in the residential conveyancing department at Rotheras and is based at our West Bridgford office.
Grace Millward is a Paralegal in Rotheras Residential Conveyancing department and is based at the Beeston office.
Hollie Moore is a Paralegal in the Conveyancing department.
Ellie Robinson is a Senior Paralegal in the residential conveyancing department at Rotheras and is based at our Lace Market office.
Holly is a paralegal who assists Head of Department Michelle Young and Kerry Brown at the West Bridgford office.
Restrictive Covenants: Can an existing restriction be modified?
Restrictive Covenants: Can an existing restriction prohibiting further development be modified by the courts if deemed reasonable?
Posted on 07/08/2020
HMRC Alcohol, Tobacco and Vehicle Seizures: Getting Your Goods Back
HMRC Alcohol, Tobacco and Vehicle Seizures: Transport Solicitor Chris Powell explains how an importer of excise goods can apply for the return of alcohol, tobacco or vehicles detained by UK customs.
Posted on 06/24/2020