Selling a House
Selling a house can be a demanding and sometimes emotional process, especially if you are selling a property which you have lived in with your family for many years or have invested a lot of time and money into.
The sale of a property can also be a minefield in terms of satisfying certain legal obligations, such as the redemption of your mortgage as well as ensuring certain paperwork is in place and addressing any queries resulting from searches or buyer enquiries.
Why use Rotheras for your House Sale?
At Rotheras we understand that you want to sell your property as quickly and with the minimum hassle possible, particularly if you want to focus on finding and moving into a new home, so we are there to support and guide you at every step.
We act for clients selling a house privately or through an estate agent.
We have seven offices conveniently located across Nottingham.
From your initial enquiry you will be assigned a dedicated team member to take care of your matter and provided with their direct phone number and email address.
We are completely transparent about costs and include the price of compulsory searches in our quote so that you are fully aware of the total cost.
The house selling process with Rotheras:
- Instructions and information-When you instruct us, a dedicated member of staff will be assigned to look after your transaction and you will be provided with their direct contact details; at this stage we will take your instructions and request initial paperwork from you and your mortgagee such as mortgage redemption figures and responses to property information questionnaires.
- Contracts-When you have sold your property we will send a contract and copies of the title to the property to whoever is acting for the buyer. You will need to complete forms giving details about the property as well as a fixtures, fittings and contents form. If the buyer has any queries about the property their solicitor will pass on these enquiries to us to address.
- Signing of contracts-Once the buyer’s solicitor confirms they are ready to proceed with the transaction, the signing of contracts will be arranged and we will check redemption statements to ensure there is enough money to redeem your mortgage.
- Exchange of contracts-a completion date is agreed between you and the buyer and set, and contracts can be exchanged. Any deposit paid at this time will be retained by us until the completion of the sale.
- Completion statement-once contracts are exchanged we will request a redemption statement from your lender, obtain the estate agent’s account so that we can work out how much money is due to you on completion.
- Completion day-You will need to make sure your estate agents have a set of keys so that once we have received funds from the buyer’s solicitor, we can release the keys. We will liaise with you on the day in respect of funds arriving, key release and sending proceeds of sale to you.
This was my first experience using a solicitor, something I felt quite daunted about. Rothera Sharp (Greg and Petra) put me at ease and were very helpful.
Last year I experienced a car accident, as a front seat passenger. I put forward a personal injury claim with Rothera Sharp. From start to finish, my claim has been dealt with efficiently and professionally, and I have always felt my best interests were considered. All communications were made via letter or email to inform me of all further updates. My claim has now come to an end and I am very happy with the overall outcome. I would recommend Rothera Sharp for their service.
We cannot recommend Chris Powell of Rothera Sharp more highly. Mr Powell demonstrated the upmost professionalism with a high level of knowledge of the area for which he was representing us. Anyone needing representation/advice regarding the area of haulage will find that Chris Powell and Rothera Sharp are the best choice.
Claim dealt with efficiently and to a satisfactory conclusion. Wayne Vickers visited me at home initially and explained everything thoroughly. Professional service throughout. Recommended
Antony Fyson is a Partner and heads up the Long Eaton branch Office of Rotheras Solicitors and offers clients a wealth of expertise in Commercial Property and Conveyancing matters.
Duncan Godfrey is a Probate, Trusts and Residential Conveyancing Solicitor at Nottingham based Rotheras Solicitors and is located at our offices in the Lace Market and Burton Joyce.
Greg Tring specialises in all aspects of residential conveyancing and regularly acts for clients on sales, purchases, remortgages and transfer of equity and is part of one of the largest conveyancing teams across the East Midlands.
Michelle Young is a residential property specialist and heads up the residential property team at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Lucy Pettitt has amassed over 12 years of experience in all aspects of Conveyancing.
Emily Weston is as an Associate Solicitor in the Residential Conveyancing team and is based primarily at our Beeston office.
Kerry Brown is a residential property specialist at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Jan Raszyk is a Conveyancer in Rotheras Residential Conveyancing department.
Kerry Redfern is a residential property specialist at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Sally is our first point of contact for any new conveyancing enquiries that come in to the department and provides a bespoke quoting service for prospective clients, estate agents and other referrers of work.
Penelope Baird is a Paralegal in Rotheras residential conveyancing department and is based at our Long Eaton office
Vicki Ettles is a Paralegal in the residential conveyancing department at Rotheras and is based at our Long Eaton office.
Brett James is a Conveyancing and Wills and Probate Paralegal at Rotheras Solicitors and is based at our Lace Market office.
Emily Kevan is a residential property and commercial property paralegal at Rotheras. She is based at our Lace Market office in the heart of Nottingham city centre.
Sara Lockton is a Paralegal in the residential conveyancing department at Rotheras and is based at our West Bridgford office.
Grace Millward is a Paralegal in Rotheras Residential Conveyancing department and is based at the Beeston office.
Hollie Moore is a Paralegal in the Conveyancing department.
Holly is a paralegal who assists Head of Department Michelle Young and Kerry Brown at the West Bridgford office.
Cycling road safety during the second lockdown
The Prime Minister has announced that England are to be in a nationwide four-week lockdown to control the spread of Covid-19, from November 5 to December 2, as cases have spiked in recent weeks. Consequently, people are being told to stay at home, there is a ban on gathering with people you do not live with and the closure of non-essential business.
Posted on 11/17/2020