Share Sales and Purchases
The process of buying and selling Shares, regardless of the company’s size, can be complicated and time consuming. At Rotheras, we understand that our clients usually want to ensure that the process is simplified as far as possible and concluded in a timely manner.
Our corporate team appreciate the importance of putting the transaction in simple terms, so that you can understand what is going on. Our corporate team is also mindful of adopting a proactive approach to your transaction, ensuring a prompt conclusion.
Why use Rotheras for Share Sales and Purchases?
We advise both buyers and sellers on all legal aspects of share sales and purchases.
We can help guide you through the due diligence process by making enquiries to gather information about the company (when acting for the buyer) or collating documents for disclosure (when acting for the seller).
We will work with you and listen to your individual needs to provide you with tailored advice and help you negotiate and structure the right deal for you.
We work efficiently and thoroughly.
We will keep you updated as to the progress of your transaction.
We will liaise with your professional advisers to ensure that the documentation is drafted clearly, fully and accurately.
The process of Buying or Selling Shares with Rotheras:
- The parties involved will often negotiate the basic terms of the deal which is sometimes set out in writing using “Heads of Agreement”;
- We will work with you to consider and plan for the future and carry out enquiries and searches where applicable;
- The seller will often require a non-disclosure agreement/confidentiality undertaking;
- The buyer will carry out Due Diligence to obtain various information relating to the company being purchased; if we are acting for the buyer we can help to prepare a detailed list of questions to send to the seller’s solicitor and keep a detailed record of the answers and documents received;
- The buyer’s solicitor will usually prepare a draft of the Share Purchase Agreement which will be forwarded to the seller’s solicitor for their review, which may undergo several revisions as the negotiation progresses;
- A Disclosure Letter is drafted by the seller and negotiated between the seller and the buyer. This aims to bring any potential problems to the buyer’s attention by stating any matters that the seller knows of.
Posted 27 January 2020
This was my first experience using a solicitor, something I felt quite daunted about. Rothera Sharp (Greg and Petra) put me at ease and were very helpful.
Posted 27 January 2020
Last year I experienced a car accident, as a front seat passenger. I put forward a personal injury claim with Rothera Sharp. From start to finish, my claim has been dealt with efficiently and professionally, and I have always felt my best interests were considered. All communications were made via letter or email to inform me of all further updates. My claim has now come to an end and I am very happy with the overall outcome. I would recommend Rothera Sharp for their service.
Posted 4 February 2020
We cannot recommend Chris Powell of Rothera Sharp more highly. Mr Powell demonstrated the upmost professionalism with a high level of knowledge of the area for which he was representing us. Anyone needing representation/advice regarding the area of haulage will find that Chris Powell and Rothera Sharp are the best choice.
Posted 4 February 2020
Claim dealt with efficiently and to a satisfactory conclusion. Wayne Vickers visited me at home initially and explained everything thoroughly. Professional service throughout. Recommended
Robert Haggis is a Senior Associate in Corporate and Commercial Law at Rotheras and has over 35 years’ experience as a barrister and 20 years’ experience working in-house across international markets.
Jason specialises in all aspects of commercial law including company and business sales and purchases, commercial contracts, company secretarial, partnerships, shareholder rights and much more.
Billy advises businesses on a range of commercial and corporate issues and is happy to assist you with buying or selling businesses, corporate mergers and shareholder agreements
Millie Moreton is a paralegal in Rotheras commercial and dispute resolution departments and is based at our Lace Market office.
Restrictive Covenants: Can an existing restriction be modified?
Restrictive Covenants: Can an existing restriction prohibiting further development be modified by the courts if deemed reasonable?
Posted on 07/08/2020
HMRC Alcohol, Tobacco and Vehicle Seizures: Getting Your Goods Back
HMRC Alcohol, Tobacco and Vehicle Seizures: Transport Solicitor Chris Powell explains how an importer of excise goods can apply for the return of alcohol, tobacco or vehicles detained by UK customs.
Posted on 06/24/2020