Landlord and Tenant
Renting out your property can be a great way of bringing in extra money and even supplementing your pension but is not without its challenges, and the regulations and responsibilities surrounding landlords can often be confusing and difficult to navigate.
As a landlord we understand that your main focus might be on quickly generating income whilst also protecting the value of your investment. At Rotheras we take time to listen to your needs and problems in order to devise and implement strategies that help you in managing your property portfolio.
Why use Rotheras for Landlord and Tenant Matters?
Our landlord and tenant team have vast experience in helping landlords in relation to various aspects of landlord law, from drafting leases and creating tenancy agreements to serving notices and management advice.
We act for landlords in a wide variety of sectors, and regardless of the size of your property asset or portfolio.
We deal with all aspects of residential and commercial landlord matters.
We represent a wide range of landlord clients including private individuals, private and public sector organisations and property management companies.
We can work with our other commercial departments so that all the services you need are under one roof.
We have well-developed relationships with letting agents and other external consultants.
We can help you with:
- Lease drafting and negotiation
- Commercial and residential property recovery
- Issuing and undertaking County Court Proceedings for the recovery of rent, including, where appropriate, the obtaining of County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Breaches of Tenant leasehold covenants
- Creating tenancy agreements and supporting documents
- Management advice
- Rent recovery
- Re-possession of your property should things go wrong
- Conveyancing services for the sale and purchase of your properties
- Financial advice on buy-to-let mortgages and re-mortgages
- Dispute resolution
- Illegal sublet eviction
Richard Bates leads the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team at Rotheras. Richard is a litigation specialist and can provide a wide range of services to both commercial and private clients.
Terhi Sygrove is a debt recovery specialist and head of the debt recovery department at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Restrictive Covenants: Can an existing restriction be modified?
Restrictive Covenants: Can an existing restriction prohibiting further development be modified by the courts if deemed reasonable?
Posted on 07/08/2020