Notary services – Business and Personal
A Notary Public is internationally recognised and authorised to prepare and certify the signing of various documents. It is their job to authenticate who you are and what is stated in the document. They can bridge the gap between UK law and overseas law by ensuring that legal documents you rely upon are checked, verified and suitable for your needs.
If you need a document authenticating so it can be used overseas you will usually require the services of a notary.
It is a notary’s role to check all legal documentation and certify that it is suitable for use abroad. They will be checking the validity of the document and the identity, capacity and whether the person requesting the document is authorised to do so.
Often the signature of the person who has notarised the document and their seal will need to be certified by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (known as an Apostille); this is a service we can also offer.
Why use Rotheras for Notary Services?
We can provide notary services for both businesses and individuals.
We can assist you in having a wide range of documents notarised.
We can take Affidavits, oaths, Declarations and acknowledgements.
Our notaries are fully qualified solicitors and are members of the Notaries Society.
We can draw on the expertise of our commercial and private client teams from across the firm.
We can help you with:
- Certification of academic documents
- Certified copies of passports and other documents
- Paperwork for getting married or working abroad
- Preparation and execution of powers of attorney
- Certifying documents for use abroad
- Visa applications
- Bank documents
- Lost passports and other documents
- Purchase of land or property abroad
- Company powers of attorney
- Affidavits, statutory declarations and sworn statements
- Verification of commercial documents
- Certificates of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association for companies based in the UK and abroad
- Registration and assignment of trade marks and patents
Richard Hammond is a Dispute Resolution specialist and mediator at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors. Richard is also a notary public, processing client documents for international use.
Webinar recording: Covid-19 Essential Updates for the Transport Industry
Webinar recap: watch the recording of our recent webinar that details the impact of COVID-19 on the transport industry, with practical advice on how to navigate these issues.
Posted on 05/26/2020
Cycling during lockdown – be wary of drivers flouting speed limits due to empty roads
I was very concerned to read that the Police are reporting a significant increase in the number of drivers who are using the quieter roads during the UK wide lockdown as an opportunity to speed. Whilst out on my daily walk yesterday, I noticed several cars travelling well in excess of the 30-mph speed limit […]
Posted on 05/11/2020