Personal Injury Solicitors Nottingham
Personal Injury Solicitors in Nottingham
Experiencing a personal injury can be physically and emotionally traumatic and affect your whole life. Personal injury solicitors can help you get your life back on track.
Our team of highly experienced personal injury lawyers can help you claim the compensation you deserve. We secure injury compensation for clients nationwide.
We’re here to help support you throughout the claims process and we operate on a No Win No Fee basis. Email our Personal Injury Team for a Free Claim AssessmentCall our Personal Injury Team Email our Personal Injury Team
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
‘Personal injury’ is the legal term for an injury caused by someone else’s negligence.
A ‘Personal injury claim’ is the process of claiming compensation from whoever is at fault. This might be;
- Your employer
- A local business
- A local authority or
- Another individual
The compensation you claim for a personal injury helps to cover the cost of;
- Current and future loss of earnings
- Medical treatment
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Modifying your home and/or car
- Any ongoing needs
Types of Accidents That Result In Personal Injury Claims
There is a wide broad range of accidents that result in injuries that you can claim for. These include;
- Accidents at work
- Accidents in public places (need to create a page for this)
- Road traffic accidents
- Cycling accidents
- Motorbike accidents
- Car Accidents
- Slips, trips and falls
- Medical negligence or clinical negligence
- Serious accidents
- Beauty treatment negligence
- Accidents abroad
- Care home injuries
- Sporting accidents
- Agricultural and farming accidents
- Supermarket accidents
- Gym accidents
- Stadium and sports venue accidents
- Accidents in pubs, bars and restaurants
- Dog bites
- Accidents in council owned areas
These types of accidents can result in a huge range of injuries.
The Types of Personal Injury You Can Claim Compensation For
The most common types of personal injury include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of sight
- Loss of hearing and industrial deafness
- Fatal accidents
- Scarring and lacerations
- Broken bones
Can I Make a No Win No Fee Personal Injury Claim?
We handle most personal injury claims on a no win, no fee basis. This means;
- You won’t have to penny of your own money to start a claim, and
- You won’t have to pay anything out of your own pocket if your claims is unsuccessful
How Much Compensation Could I Claim For a Personal Injury?
The amount of compensation you receive depends on your individual circumstances. As such, no two personal injury claims are the same.
To calculate how much you’re entitled to, our personal injury solicitors need to know;
- The type of injury you’ve suffered
- How severe your injury is, and
- How it’s affected your life
We’ll look closely at every aspect of your injury to make sure you get the as much compensation as possible.
The compensation you’ll get in a successful claim is called the ‘Quantum of Damages’.
That said, there are two types of damages that make up the final figure, or the Quantum of Damages;
This is the amount awarded for pain and suffering and takes into account;
- The type of injury you’ve suffered
- The severity of your injury
- How your injury has affected your physical abilities
- How it’s affected your mental wellbeing
- The quality of your life moving forward
This is how much you’ll receive to reimburse any out of pocket expenses, including;
- Loss of earnings – this includes both current and future losses. It takes into account wages, overtime, bonuses, pension contributions etc.
- Medical costs – including hospital stays, treatment, physio and rehabilitation prescriptions, etc.
- Other costs – like mobility aids, assistive technology, modifying your home and/or car etc.
Why Choose Rotheras to Make a Personal Injury Claim?
At Rotheras, we understand the impact an injury can have on your life.
We’ve helped hundreds of people in Nottingham and all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve.
When you instruct us to look after your claim, we’ll;
- Assign a highly experienced solicitor to your case.
- Give you access to their direct contact details, including phone number and email.
- Support you all the way through your claim, keeping you up to date and informed of progress.
- Help you access any services you need. From medical care to rehabilitation services.
- Secure interim payments if possible to ease immediate financial pressures.
In cases where you’re unable to come to us, we can come to visit you in your home or in hospital.
Contact Us For a Free, No Obligation Consultation
Contact our personal injury team today. We’ll have an initial chat so we can assess if you have a personal injury case.
Call us on 0115 910 6620.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do I Have to Make a Personal Injury Claim?
You generally have three years from the date of your injury to file a claim for compensation. In some cases, you’ll have three years from the date you found out that your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence. This is called ‘The Date of Knowledge’.
That said, there are exceptions to this three year time limit;
- If you’re claiming on behalf of a minor – You can make a claim on behalf of a child at any time before their 18th birthday. After that, they have three years from the day they turn 18 years old to claim themselves.
- Claiming on behalf of a person who lacks mental capacity – There are no time limits for claiming on behalf of a person who lacks the mental capacity to claim themselves.
- Injuries that occurred in another country – the time limit for accidents sustained whilst abroad is often less than three years.
- Claiming for criminal injuries – claims made through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority are subject to a two-year time limit.
Regardless of time limits, if you want to make a personal injury claim, do it as soon as possible. The sooner you start, the clearer you’ll remember the events that led to your accident and the easier it will be to gather the evidence needed to make a successful claim.
How Long Do Personal Injury Claims Take?
The time it takes to settle a personal injury claim can vary in a huge way. If depends on the severity and complexity of your injuries.
For example, if you have a broken arm and the other side accepts responsibility, we could reach a settlement within a few weeks.
However, spinal and brain injuries could take years to settle. This is because it takes time to understand how those injuries will affect the rest of your life and how much support you’ll need.
Will I Need a Medical Assessment?
To make a successful personal injury claim, we’ll need to gather evidence of your injuries and the effects they’ve had and/or will have on your life.
To to this, you’ll need a full medical assessment with an independent medical expert. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you might need more than one.
Will I Have to Go to Court?
Most cases never reach court. Still, it’s natural to worry about it.
There are only two reasons why a personal injury claim would go to court;
- The other side doesn’t accept liability, or
- They don’t agree with the amount of compensation we’re claiming for
Even if we do start court proceedings, the other side will often settle before the case goes to trial. If your case does go to court, you’ll need to attend. Rest assured though, we’ll be by your side to support you through the whole experience.
Can I Switch Solicitors if I’m Not Happy?
If you’re not happy with the service you’re getting with your current solicitor or law firm, you should raise your concerns with them. A good solicitor will work with you.
If you’re still not happy, get a second opinion from another law firm. If at that point you want to switch, you’re in your rights to do so.
What can our personal injury solicitors help you with?
Greg qualified as a solicitor in 2006 and has specialised in Personal Injury for more than 16 years. He acts for clients who have suffered life changing injuries. Greg also specialises in cosmetic and clinical negligence claims.
Hannah Manewell is a Personal Injury Solicitor at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors and has spent the entirety of her 14-year career working in Personal Injury, covering a broad range of injury cases.
Paul Smith is a Personal Injury Solicitor at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors; he has 19 years’ experience working as a Personal Injury solicitor, covering a broad range of injury cases.
Rebecca is a Litigation Executive in the Personal Injury department at Rotheras and is based at our Lace Market Office
Eva Best is a Paralegal in Rotheras’ Personal Injury department and is based at our Lace Market office in the heart of Nottingham City Centre.
National Rail Strikes: What if employees can’t get into work because of the strikes?
In 2020, the Department of Transport reported that 37% of people used the trains to commute to work. With the post-pandemic increase in demand for employees to start coming back to the office, the planned National Rail strikes this summer will have an impact on thousands of employees and their employers.
Posted on 17/08/2022
Rotheras proud to support National Road Victim Month 2022
August marks National Road Victim Month, a campaign held each August to remember those who have been injured or killed on our roads and to promote road safety.
Posted on 16/08/2022