Maintaining a good working relationship with your employees is vital to the success of any transport business. When employment law issues do arise, these need to be handled quickly and professionally.
At Rotheras, our experienced transport-sector employment team can advise on any employment law matter affecting your business:
- We aim to quickly resolve employee disputes (whether with professional drivers, transport managers or other staff members).
- At all times we will consider how any course of action could affect your operator’s licence responsibilities.
- We can advise on issues arising from self-employed drivers, subcontracting arrangements and TUPE.
- Our team can help you to draft employee handbooks and contracts of employment.
- We can advise on disciplinary proceedings arising from employee misconduct or drivers hours’ infringements.
We take a pragmatic and forward-thinking approach with a focus on reducing risk to your business.
Employment Law for Transport services we offer:
- TUPE, restructuring and redundancy advice
- Drafting employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Advising on employee management and HR
- Defending employment tribunal claims and advising on settlement agreements and dispute resolution
- Long-term sickness absence advice
- Advice on working time regulations as they apply to mobile workers
- Managing instances of whistleblowing
Click here to find out more about employment law fees.
Send us a message
“Our experienced and specialist team represent clients nationally on a day-to-day basis”
Associate Transport Solicitor
This was my first experience using a solicitor, something I felt quite daunted about. Rotheras (Greg and Petra) put me at ease and were very helpful.
Last year I experienced a car accident, as a front seat passenger. I put forward a personal injury claim with Rotheras. From start to finish, my claim has been dealt with efficiently and professionally, and I have always felt my best interests were considered. All communications were made via letter or email to inform me of all further updates. My claim has now come to an end and I am very happy with the overall outcome. I would recommend Rotheras for their service.
We cannot recommend Chris Powell of Rotheras more highly. Mr Powell demonstrated the upmost professionalism with a high level of knowledge of the area for which he was representing us. Anyone needing representation/advice regarding the area of haulage will find that Chris Powell and Rotheras are the best choice.
Claim dealt with efficiently and to a satisfactory conclusion. Wayne Vickers visited me at home initially and explained everything thoroughly. Professional service throughout. Recommended
Anton Balkitis leads the Transport Law team and is a nationally recognised Transport and Motoring Law specialist at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Olivia Maginn is a transport and motoring law specialist at Nottingham based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Chris Powell is an associate solicitor at Rotheras, specialising in road transport law and motorist defence. He advises and represents haulage and PSV operator licence holders and drivers on all road transport regulatory matters.
Hardeep Chumber is a paralegal in Rotheras Motoring and Transport department and is based at our Lace Market office.
Elizabeth Shaw is a paralegal in Rotheras Transport department and is based at our Lace Market office.
Fatal Accident Claims: Bristol Waterworks explosion
After a recent explosion at the Wessex waterplant premesis in Avonmouth, Bristol caused four fatalities, we look at the support and compensation available to those affected by the loss of a loved one to a fatal accident.
Posted on 12/10/2020
Kent Access Permit: A Quick Guide for Transport Companies
Brexit Customs Procedures: The Kent Access Permit is designed to reduce traffic congestion after the brexit transition period.
Posted on 12/08/2020