Transport Contracts & Agreements
Commercial contracts and agreements underpin almost all business relationships in the transport and logistics sector. The likelihood is that the commercial agreements with your customers, suppliers, contractors and agents will govern your business model. Whether these were drafted on your behalf or not, it is crucial that you understand both the content, implications and constraints of these agreements.
Our commercial transport and logistics team take a no-nonsense, commercial approach to drafting or renegotiating your contracts and agreements. Whilst our ultimate aim is to offer you good business protection, we also understand the human aspect to any business relationship and always negotiate with an eye on maintaining and advancing your commercial relationships.
- Review any new agreements you are being asked to sign and advise you on any risks and implications, and on your options,
- Seek to renegotiate existing agreements and contracts on your behalf,
- Draft entirely new contracts for you to use both within your business and with third parties.
At Rotheras we have over 80 years of experience advising businesses in the transport and logistics sector.
- We carefully consider the regulatory aspect of any commercial agreements to ensure that your business and any operator’s licence is not put at risk.
- We pride ourselves in our plain-speaking, collaborative approach and always focus on added value.
- We act for business of all sizes and across all sectors of the transport and logistics industry. Our clients include leading multi-national haulage and logistics companies, owner operators, freight forwarders, goods vehicle and PSV operator licence holders and tachograph analysis agencies.
Common commercial contracts and agreements
We can advise on any commercial agreements, including:
- Logistics agreements
- Supply of goods and services
- Distribution agreements
- Agency agreements
- Warehousing agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Maintenance agreements
- Warehousing agreements
- Joint-venture and collaboration agreements
Send us a message
“Our experienced and specialist team represent clients nationally on a day-to-day basis”
Head of Transport Law
This was my first experience using a solicitor, something I felt quite daunted about. Rotheras (Greg and Petra) put me at ease and were very helpful.
Last year I experienced a car accident, as a front seat passenger. I put forward a personal injury claim with Rotheras. From start to finish, my claim has been dealt with efficiently and professionally, and I have always felt my best interests were considered. All communications were made via letter or email to inform me of all further updates. My claim has now come to an end and I am very happy with the overall outcome. I would recommend Rotheras for their service.
We cannot recommend Chris Powell of Rotheras more highly. Mr Powell demonstrated the upmost professionalism with a high level of knowledge of the area for which he was representing us. Anyone needing representation/advice regarding the area of haulage will find that Chris Powell and Rotheras are the best choice.
Claim dealt with efficiently and to a satisfactory conclusion. Wayne Vickers visited me at home initially and explained everything thoroughly. Professional service throughout. Recommended
Anton Balkitis leads the Transport Law team and is a nationally recognised Transport and Motoring Law specialist at Nottingham-based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Olivia Maginn is a transport and motoring law specialist at Nottingham based law firm Rotheras Solicitors.
Chris Powell is an associate solicitor at Rotheras, specialising in road transport law and motorist defence. He advises and represents haulage and PSV operator licence holders and drivers on all road transport regulatory matters.
Hardeep Chumber is a paralegal in Rotheras Motoring and Transport department and is based at our Lace Market office.
Elizabeth Shaw is a paralegal in Rotheras Transport department and is based at our Lace Market office.
Fatal Accident Claims: Bristol Waterworks explosion
After a recent explosion at the Wessex waterplant premesis in Avonmouth, Bristol caused four fatalities, we look at the support and compensation available to those affected by the loss of a loved one to a fatal accident.
Posted on 12/10/2020
Kent Access Permit: A Quick Guide for Transport Companies
Brexit Customs Procedures: The Kent Access Permit is designed to reduce traffic congestion after the brexit transition period.
Posted on 12/08/2020