PLEASE NOTE: The legal landscape is fast paced and everchanging, particularly at this time. The content of this webinar was accurate as at the date the webinar was delivered, 4 June 2020. This webinar should not be used as a substitute to legal advice.
Since the recording of this webinar, the stay in residential possession proceedings has been extended until 23 August 2020. If you think you may be affected by this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Rotheras teamed up with Empo and Kingswood Residential to deliver an informative webinar covering the real issues many landlords are facing with possession and landlord management throughout the Covid-19 crisis.
The hour-long webinar covers the following points:
- Legislative changes in possession proceedings due to Covid-19 and their practical implications.
- The difficulty with obtaining possession during a pandemic.
- How to pursue debt recovery as the possession timetable is so uncertain including pre-action protocol
- Other legislative changes due to Covid-19
- The need to implement robust record keeping processes around landlord compliance checks due to tenant self -isolation, tradesperson visits etc. This will cover property inspections & viewings, client/staff wellbeing & recommended processes to reduce risk of virus spread at rental properties
EMPO is the largest regional residential landlord association in the UK. EMPO is based in Nottingham and has been providing advice, guidance and support to East Midlands based landlords since 1942. We have over 700 members who manage around 20K properties across the East Midlands area
Richard Bates leads the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team at Rothers. Richard is a litigation specialist and can provide a wide range of services to both commercial and private clients.
Adam Kingswood MARLA / Director of Kingswood Residential / lettings and management specialists based in Nottingham and Mansfield. Adam will cover advice on landlord compliance around COVID-19 and best practice for everyday landlord activities such as HMO’s maintenance, property inspections, unwell tenants, viewings and more.