Join our team – Dispute Resolution Paralegal
Competitive salary plus benefits
Kayes Walk- Nottingham City Centre
The team is modern and forwarding thinking with a strong emphasis on IT to deliver an exceptional client service. We work almost entirely paperless utilising the latest software.
What makes a Rotheras Paralegal?
For this role we are looking for an exceptional individual who is proactive, can work under pressure and possesses a high level of attention to detail. It is imperative for the person in this role to be self-motivated.
To assist and provide Paralegal support to the Fee Earners in the Dispute Resolution team on client cases. This role has a responsibility to provide excellent service by responding to client correspondences in a timely manner.
Previous dispute resolution experience is an advantage but not necessarily essential.
Responsibilities of this role
- Deal promptly and efficiently with all matters and tasks referred to you by the Solicitors and other appropriate Fee Earners in a busy department
- Handle and assess new enquiries via email and telephone
- Prepare various documentation for solicitors to assist in the litigation of client files
- Review and prepare documents for document production requests for solicitor e-bundles, e-bills and responding to client emails and uploading to One Drive and the Case Management Service
- Work with a variety of clients to offer high quality client care and service and being able to tailor communication to different client needs
- Utilise various communication tools to update the client on their case
- Continuously develop client engagement and be prepared to take instructions and where appropriate, advise clients in person, by email or over the telephone
- Onboarding of clients by opening files and closing files
- Continuously find new ways of utilizing the Case Management System to enhance teamwork, deliver excellent customer service and respond quickly and effectively to clients and third parties.
- Some travel may be required (Attendance at Court, Client meetings, meetings with Barristers)
- Carry out other administrative tasks required by the Dispute Resolution team.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Educated to GCSE level including Grade C or above (4 and above) in Maths and English or equivalent
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- A working knowledge of civil litigation and the Civil Procedure Rules (desirable)
- Strong IT Skills with experience of using Microsoft Office 365
- A working knowledge of case management systems (Desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well to meet tight deadlines
- An understanding of the need to deal with clients matters sensitively and confidentially
- Previous experience of working in a Dispute Resolution team would be advantageous
What we offer
In return for your drive and hard work we will support your ideas, learning and career progression at all stages of your journey. We offer the potential to work in a flexible way and we offer a competitive salary in addition to:
- Bonus scheme
- Generous holiday allowance (Christmas Holiday closure- additional holidays given)
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Healthcare scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Bus to Work and Tram to Work scheme
- Nottingham BID card, discounts in shops and restaurants
- Active social committee
If you are up for the challenge and would like to be part of the team, please apply stating how you meet the criteria in a personal statement totalling no more than 1250 words along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org