Join our team – Road Transport and Motorist Defence
Our Transport department is a major name in the provision of legal services in Nottingham and nationwide and is highly regarded by transport operators and across the sector.
What makes a Rotheras Paralegal?
For this role we are looking for a Paralegal who can liaise confidently with clients via phone and email, communicate effectively with various law enforcement agencies, possess a high level of attention to detail and take initiative in preparing files due to the Solicitors being present in court throughout the week.
This role is a fast-paced Paralegal role and the ideal candidate will be able to work under pressure and have excellent time management skills in order to meet strict court deadlines.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Deal with clients in person, taking instructions, advising and taking appropriate action
- Preparing documentation promptly and efficiently.
- Providing assistance to solicitors within a busy department
- Deal promptly and efficiently with all matters referred to you by the Solicitors and other appropriate fee earners
- Carry out a variety of other administrative matters required by the Transport Department
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Educated to GCSE level, including Grade C or above (4 and above) in Maths and English or equivalent
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Strong IT skills with experience of using Microsoft 365
- Working knowledge of relevant law and procedures
- Proactive and excellent time management skills
- Legal experience
- Experience of having worked in a criminal law department and/or dealing with criminal courts (Desirable)
- Experience of working with the Police, Law Enforcement Agencies (Desirable)
What we offer
In return for your drive and hard work we will support your ideas, learning and career progression at all stages of your journey. We offer the potential to work in a flexible way and we offer a competitive salary, in addition to:
- Excellent bonus scheme,
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Nottingham BID Card, discounts in shops and restaurants
- Active social committee
If you are up for the challenge and would like to be part of the team, please apply stating how you meet the criteria in a personal statement totalling no more than 1250 words along with your CV to the Human Resources department, firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re serious about our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility and we have a number of staff incentives and schemes to empower our staff and recognise their achievements, find out more here. As a firm we have been recognised for our commitment to staff development and community partnership work, through a number of awards and nominations. Sustainable working is also at the core of our firm ethos and we invite all of staff to get involved in this process.